Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cover Letter

I really like the article on the cover letters. I do agree with the advice given. The advice about writing the cover letter to each individual company, I feel, was very useful advice. This will help show the company that you are interested in them. It shows them that you not only took the time to write a personal letter to them but that you also took the time to research information about them to put into your cover letter. The only information that I could see not being true all the time is writing three paragraphs each in each letter. I feel that in some situations you would be able to combine some of the information into two paragraphs.
I found the check list to be the most useful. It was very direct and I feel like it would be very useful right before you sent out your cover letter. It would be a great way of double checking to make sure you included all the information you needed before you sent this to companies. I was unaware of adding the P.S. down at the bottom. I would have never thought of adding a P.S. to a cover letter and having that be seen as professional. I will look to see if I can add the P.S. for my next cover letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment